Official blog of Undernet IRC channel #AAR focusing on Air America and its shows.
AAR Streams

Thursday, March 20, 2008

   By PoliticalGeek at 10:22 PM

JOHN MCCAIN U.S. Senator (R-Arizona) It's a game of pinball, and you're the ball.

The hardest thing to do is to establish priorities. This morning we had a committee meeting on telecommunications. Now, I'm for à la carte cable. I don't see why some widow from Sun City should have to pay for ESPN if she doesn't want to. At the same time, I had to bounce over to the Armed Services Committee--we're involved with what I think is a scandal with a C-130 cargo airplane. Then I just met with Chamber of Commerce President Tom Donahue, who worked with me on immigration. Later I'm going to meet with a group of people on lobbying reform. And then I'll be meeting with a Congressman who wants me to help him out on something. The key is deciding what are the most important issues to focus on. Priorities come from the constituents, and a lot of it is instinct by now. I've been in this business a long time.

I read my e-mails, but I don't write any. I'm a Neanderthal--I don't even type. I do have rudimentary capabilities to call up some websites, like the New York Times online, that sort of stuff. No laptop. No PalmPilot. I prefer my schedule on notecards, which I keep in my jacket pocket. But my wife has enormous capability. Whenever I want something I ask her to do it. She's just a wizard. She even does my boarding passes--people can do that now. When we go to the movies, she gets the tickets ahead of time. It's incredible.

My most valuable resource is my chief of staff and writing partner, Mark Salter. We've been together for 17 years. I cannot imagine my professional life without him. When we're writing a book or speech, he'll come in to the office in the afternoon or evening with a tape recorder. We talk about the outline, then the details of it, then get into the minutiae. He writes most of it, and then we go over it together.

It's the perfect partnership, with him doing most of the work. He's a remarkable man. I gave a speech on the floor of the Senate to wrap up the debate on the torture amendment. It was the only time when there was total silence on the floor of the Senate. We wrote that together.

I rely on staff to take care of things that I know they can, usually back in Arizona. We've got very talented, experienced people who take care of constituent issues. People don't care if I personally get involved, or if I put somebody who is a hell of a lot smarter than I am on it. But if something is important for me to pay attention to, like immigration issues, which have grown for us since 9/11--I focus on it.

We decide on a case-by-case basis about whether to do the Sunday shows, if it would have some value to get my viewpoint or knowledge out there. I'm going to do Jon Stewart again, and The Colbert Report. That's good stuff, an interesting audience for me.

You lose battles in politics. I do get good and angry. Really angry! By God, I'm not going to let them beat me again. I don't like to lose. After the 2000 race for the presidential nomination, I spent at least ten days--and in many ways it was the most wonderful experience of my life--wallowing in self-pity. It was really fun. Freeing. Then I just woke up and said it was time to get over this. The people you represent don't want you this way. You're still their Senator. And besides, America doesn't like sore losers. I also don't hold grudges. It's a waste of time. What's the point? Frankly, the sweetest revenge is success. -- Interviewed by Ellen McGirt

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2006/03/20/8371781/index.htm

46 Comments:

Blogger adrian2514 said...

Hey thanks for the great blog, I love this stuff. I don’t usually read much into politics but with the election coming up (not to mention the dem primaries) and everyone going green these days I thought I would leave a comment.

I am trying to find more about the government and if they are going to ratify the Kyoto Protocol any time soon. Has anyone seen this pole on EarthLab.com http://www.earthlab.com/life.aspx ? It said 75% of people think the government should ratify the Kyoto Protocol on Earth Day (when I took it). I also saw something on Wikipedia but it wasn’t up to date. Any other thoughts on where the government is going with this?

I am looking for more info on what candidates’ opinions are and how are we are going to get closer to solutions. Drop a link if you see anything worth my time.

5:49 PM  
Blogger adrian2514 said...

I'm back with more questions. I don’t usually do much for Earth Day but with everyone going green these days, I thought I’d try to do my part.

I am trying to find easy, simple things I can do to help stop global warming (I don’t plan on buying a hybrid). Has anyone seen that EarthLab.com is promoting their Earth Day (month) challenge, with the goal to get 1 million people to take their carbon footprint test in April?... I took the test, it was easy and only took me about 2 minutes and I am planning on lowering my score with some of their tips.

I am looking for more easy fun stuff to do. If you know of any other sites worth my time let me know.

5:37 PM  
Blogger 出遊 said...

希望能有更多心得與我們分享~ ....................................................

4:50 AM  
Blogger 水晶 said...

Better be the head of a dog than the tail of a lion. ....................................................

10:20 AM  
Blogger 日日夜夜 said...

Better say nothing than nothing to the purpose. ........................................

5:10 AM  
Blogger ErnestKohn said...

thanks................................................

5:10 AM  
Blogger 時尚 said...

志不立,天下無可成之事。........................................

6:02 AM  
Blogger 惠蘋 said...

行萬里路勝讀萬卷書 ^^ 羨慕你哦! ....................................................

4:02 AM  
Blogger 林淑凡 said...

激情免費視訊聊天室激情網愛視訊聊天室限激情網愛視訊聊天付費視訊聊天室交友網免費視訊聊天亞洲辣妹妹影音視訊聊天室亞洲視訊聊天室亞太電信電話視訊聊天中部成人視訊聊天室中部免費視訊聊天室中部免費視訊聊天中部視訊聊天室聊天室中部視訊聊天室一葉情視訊聊天室多人視訊聊天室視訊聊天0410免費視訊聊天網0410 免費視訊聊天網視訊聊天是破解視訊聊天uouo視訊聊天交友uouo 視訊聊天交友有視訊聊天室影音免費視訊聊天室免費視訊聊天交友ut 視訊聊天室破解視訊聊天室173視訊聊天080視訊聊天s38視訊聊天avdd金瓶梅視訊聊天免費視訊聊天網視訊聊天視訊聊天室免費視訊聊天影音視訊聊天視訊聊天網免費視訊聊天室ut視訊聊天ut視訊聊天室免費線上成人遊戲線上成人論壇免費線上成人動畫人獸性愛影go2av免費go2av免費影a女優自拍自慰s520 網愛聊天
msn網愛聊天室
msn 視訊網愛
ut 網愛聊天室免費
ut 網愛聊天
s520 網愛聊天室
ut網愛
成人色情動畫
色情介紹
3d卡通色情片
最色情影片

7:04 AM  
Blogger 李妍妮 said...

不勞而獲的事情,並沒有價值......................................................

11:04 PM  
Blogger PorshaCoghlan梁子珠 said...

沒有友情,人生何樂?......................................................

11:04 PM  
Blogger 虹玟 said...

若對自己誠實,日積月累,就無法對別人不忠了。 ..................................................

11:35 AM  
Blogger 怡如 said...

18禁,聊天,免費影片,美女短片,0401,免費聊天,免費視訊,0204,78論壇,亞洲影城,視訊聊天,免費影片,聊天室,ut,成人,視訊,都都,視訊,打飛機專用網,小高聊天室,視訊,免費影片,a片免費,a片,18,免費線上視訊,日本a電影,影音視訊聊天室,貼圖區,av,383,77p2p,85cc,無碼,av影片,av專賣店,a片線上看,a圖,免費線上影片,微風成人

11:55 PM  
Blogger t0811raceykee09 said...

書籍是全世界的營養品,生活裡沒有書籍,就好像沒有陽光......................................................

10:31 PM  
Blogger 吳ElwoodR_憲妤 said...

嘿,你的部落格不錯耶~~只是想跟您問聲好!! ..................................................

10:23 PM  
Blogger 則其則其 said...

失意人前,勿談得意事;得意人前,勿談失意事。..................................................

10:44 PM  
Blogger 韋于倫成 said...

一沙一世界,一花一天堂,掌中握無限,剎那即永恆..................................................

6:31 PM  
Blogger 廷伸廷伸 said...

Where theres a will theres a way. ............................................................

11:16 AM  
Blogger 陳逸群 said...

幸福不是一切,人還有責任。..................................................

11:06 PM  
Blogger benjaminga said...

不要把生命看得太嚴肅,反正我們不會活著離開。..................................................

7:25 AM  
Blogger 家信 said...

Necessity is the mother of invention...................................................................

1:28 AM  
Blogger 珮淳 said...

恨一個人,比原諒一個人,更傷力氣。..................................................................

3:47 PM  
Blogger 玫友 said...

欣賞是一種美德~回應是最大的支持^^.................................................................                           

10:09 PM  
Blogger 婉亞陳 said...

在莫非定律中有項笨蛋定律:「一個組織中的笨蛋,恆大於等於三分之二。」......................................................................

4:07 AM  
Blogger 佳宣佳宣 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.................................................................

10:23 PM  
Blogger 佳皓佳皓 said...

人有兩眼一舌,是為了觀察倍於說話的緣故。............................................................

3:08 AM  
Blogger 育隆 said...

認清問題就等於已經解決了一半的問題。.................................................................

11:52 AM  
Blogger 香昱信張君林 said...

蛛絲馬跡皆學問、落花水面皆文章............................................................

12:46 PM  
Blogger 吳婷婷 said...

請繼續發表好文!加油加油加油!.......................................................

8:37 PM  
Blogger 吳婷婷 said...

快樂與滿足的秘訣,就在全心全意投注於現在的每一分,每一秒上..................................................

5:16 AM  
Blogger 淑慧淑慧 said...

加油-不論如何都期待您的新發表!............................................................

8:36 PM  
Blogger 陳佑發 said...

一個人的際遇在第一次總是最深刻的,有時候甚至會讓人的心變成永遠的絕緣。............................................................

3:33 AM  
Blogger 琬安琬安 said...

人應該做自己認為對的事,而不是一味跟著群眾的建議走。..................................................

9:57 PM  
Blogger 戴昀黃慧婷德 said...

Joy often comes after sorrow, like morning after night.. . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

6:52 PM  
Blogger 葉仲蓮葉仲蓮 said...

Thanks a lot for sharing (o>▽<)............................................................

9:06 PM  
Blogger 陳梁雅雯宗翰 said...

很喜歡你的部落格,來給你加油,幫你推一下喔~期待你的下一個更新,謝謝............................................................

11:42 PM  
Blogger 恩宛玲如 said...

人生有些波折,才能有些成長,所以不論順逆,凡是成長、成功的助緣,都應該心存感激。.................................................

10:02 PM  
Blogger 周志v豪 said...

唯有學習不已的老師,才能認真的教,唯有燃燒自己,才能點亮他人的燈............................................................

9:47 AM  
Blogger 偉曹琬 said...

這不過是滑一跤,並不是死掉而爬不起來了。..................................................

2:43 AM  
Blogger 宗王王王王王穎 said...

來幫你衝一下人氣,捧個人場囉~~..................................................................

3:27 PM  
Blogger 柔于真于真于真林姍 said...

生命如夏花洵爛;死如秋葉之靜美。........................................ ........................

8:45 PM  
Blogger 至馬馬馬馬玄馬馬馬馬 said...

世界上沒有本來就應該的事,因為老天爺也沒有劇本..................................................

5:08 AM  
Blogger 159fsaf said...

良言一句三冬暖,惡語傷人六月寒。................. ................................................

8:43 PM  
Blogger scott huminski said...

U.S.A. State Sponsored Terror (rock music video) Released

Anti U.S. Police State Musician/activist releases his 5th rock video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXbojImKNlI

Television interview at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RTAmerica#p/u/1/2KxmgZRUOnU

7:26 PM  
Blogger scott huminski said...

U.S. Police State Target (rock music video) Released

Anti U.S. Police State Musician/activist, Scott Huminski, releases his 6th rock video with his band Scott X and the Constitution Commandos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niLKRjLo4cA

9:11 PM  
Blogger scott huminski said...

Американский рок-музыкант Облицовочные тюрьме по политическим исторических песен и музыкальных клипов.

Скотт X и Конституцию Commandos сталкиваются тюрьмы и возможные покушения на свою оппозицию американскогополицейского государства.

Свобода музыкальных клипов наступление на правительство США, по крайней,

http://www.youtube.com/user/scottxmysteryband

Правительство Соединенных Штатов стала неистовой Споследней записи рок-группы, или бой на пребываниебесплатно

http://www.purevolume.com/ScottXandtheConstitutionCommandos/albums/Fighting+the+U.S.+Police+State+with+Music


Конституция команды запросить поддержку от международных организаций в их борьбе против американской террористической государственной полиции. ПравительствоСоединенных Штатов находит политической речью в музыке, как наступление, как террор и взрывы самодельных взрывных устройств. Речь критикует правительство в настоящее время является преступлением в Соединенных Штатах.


الموسيقار الاميركي روك مواجهة السجن لأغاني تاريخية وسياسية وأشرطة الفيديو والموسيقى.

سكوت X والمغاوير الدستور يواجهون السجن والاغتيال المحتملة لمعارضتهم للدولة على السياسة الاميركية.

وأشرطة الفيديو والموسيقى حرية هجومية لحكومة الولايات المتحدة وصلت،

http://www.youtube.com/user/scottxmysteryband

أصبحت حكومة الولايات المتحدة غاضبة من أحدث ما تم تسجيله من لموسيقى الروك، أو القتالفي البقاء الحرة



الأوامر دستور طلب الدعم من المنظمات الدولية في نضالهم ضد الدولة البوليسية الإرهابيةالأمريكية. حكومة الولايات المتحدة ترى أن الخطاب السياسي في الموسيقى كما خليع التفجيرات الإرهابية والعبوات الناسفة. خطاب حاسم من الحكومة الآن جريمة في الولايات المتحدة.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Post Archives
August 2004 | September 2004 | October 2004 | November 2004 | December 2004 | January 2005 | February 2005 | March 2005 | April 2005 | May 2005 | June 2005 | July 2005 | August 2005 | October 2005 | November 2005 | December 2005 | January 2006 | February 2006 | April 2006 | June 2006 | July 2006 | August 2006 | September 2006 | November 2007 | March 2008 |
Powered by Blogger       Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com