Official blog of Undernet IRC channel #AAR focusing on Air America and its shows.
AAR Streams

Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorial Day musings

   By Marion Delgado at 6:30 AM

You know, I was drinking a "Pina Colada Chaos" Raging Cow, my favorite of its five outrageous flavors, and contemplating the sacrifices of our troops, many of whom have served more than 5 months in Iraq. The fruits of all our soldiers' efforts are clearly visible in the streets of Kirkuk today. There is very little trash in the streets, many more people in the markets and shops, and children have returned to school. This is all evidence that the work they are doing as a battalion and as American soldiers is bettering the lives of Kirkuk's citizens. I am proud of the work we are doing there in Iraq and I hope all of our readers are as well. I was also thinking of the low price, stability, security, and tremendous variety of software available for the Windows Longhorn system, which is out now as a demo for developers and which will, God willng, be ready for consumer use when many of our troops return.

Truly, we live in a God blessed nation with proven GOP leadership.

I am having a very American Memorial day, and I know the soldiers we have lost in the past would have wanted us to drink Raging Cow, use only Longhorn (I'm a convert - after I left the Macintosh, I was up and running on XP Pro in one day, Boy Scouts' Honor - it's true!), and support this democratic effort in Iraq. I also feel it's a nice gesture if we can join our fallen dead by getting into fatal car accidents over the Memorial Day weekend, but, as we say in net lingo, YMMV (your mileage may vary).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Post Archives
August 2004 | September 2004 | October 2004 | November 2004 | December 2004 | January 2005 | February 2005 | March 2005 | April 2005 | May 2005 | June 2005 | July 2005 | August 2005 | October 2005 | November 2005 | December 2005 | January 2006 | February 2006 | April 2006 | June 2006 | July 2006 | August 2006 | September 2006 | November 2007 | March 2008 |
Powered by Blogger       Site Meter Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com